Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fashion is my Passion: Boardwalk Empire

Deco Statement Necklace Via Nordstrom
Hive and Honey Art Deco Fringe Earrings Via Piperlime
Kate Spade Cloche


Flapper Dress via Style Caster

Oxfords via Urban Outfitters

One of my new obsessions is the HBO show Boardwalk Empire. It centers around the Prohibition era at the Jersey Shore and the costumes are gorgeous. It seems everyone nowadays has jumped on the 1930's bandwagon with fashion. Art deco jewelry is everywhere along with sequins and oxfords. I have never been a fan of dressing completely retro but I think a few of these key pieces are fantastic to incorporate in anyones closet. Above are some of my favorite current adaptations from that era. How cute is that Kate Spade cloche? Darling! It makes me want to crank up the Edison and jazz! Happy Thursday!

PS. Don't forget to comment below to win a $35 gif certificate to CSN!

2 comments:

  1. You're a girl after my own heart! I also got my bachelor's in Visual Arts and am now finishing a degree in Interior Design, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, we have an Edison. Just crank it up, and let go.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark