My mom reminded me today how much I used to adore going "back to school shopping". I of course loved shopping for clothes because Fall has always been my favorite season and August in a mid-western mall meant stacks of sweaters and dark jeans and shirts to layer and my favorite...Coats!! Alas, I am a little more grown up but I still can't help but yearn for trips to Target or Office Depot to get my hands on a packet of freshly sharpened pencils or a stack full of colorful notebooks, or better yet, a stylish, kick a** binder that would sure garner me some attention (or so I thought). That said, now that I am out of school I still feel the urge to shop this time of year as it satisfies that need to be prepared for the new year as the summer is ending. So here is my little back to school shopping list; some things I have grown out of (like an obsessive need to buy Abercrombie and Fitch graphic T's) but I am still a sucker for desk supplies and coats (as seen above). What were your favorite things when back to school shopping? Happy Shopping!
- Navy School Boy Blazer from J.Crew - nuff said
- Rucksack from LL. Bean - I was OBSESSED with my hot pink canvas LL. Bean monogramed backpack as a kid. This is perhaps a little more sophisticated!
- Bensimon tennis lace-ups - Because everyone needs new sneaks!
- Library Pocket Journal - combines my two loves: notebooks and old library books! heaven!
- Gummy Bear Erase/Sharpener - adorable and delicious from one of my favorite sites!